Saturday, February 13, 2010

Making a “Peace Place”

Seagrass Wingback armchair-Pottery Barn

I want to be able to teach our children to deal with anger well - especially as it is an issue I still struggle with as an adult. I love the idea I found at Kendra’s blog today, which explains how she has created a “Peace Place”. After reading the background material by Ann Voscamp here,  I understand that the aim is to provide a comfortable place, with all the material a child needs who is “feeling agitated and angry, to seek peace and pursue it.” I’m thinking that it would help our children gain some self-control and work through their conflict in a proactive way. I’m sure I’ll need to use it myself!

Patrice

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2007/04/making-peace-place-godly-anger.html

No comments:

Post a Comment